Monday, October 19, 2015

I NEED HELP

It has been a while since I have blogged. I can't believe I have let so much time past. It certainly wasn't that I had nothing to say! Trust me on that. So many things were going on, I just didn't know where to begin.

But here I am on this day, October 19th. I had a birthday on the 4th making me a year older, and hopefully wiser. I don't know about that last part, but for sure I am a year older.

I wanted to share this with you all who read my blog. I am a professional storyteller and have joined two storytelling groups that have stayed the test of time. I used to be a member of two others, but they didn't last long. The National Association of Black Storytellers, Inc. has a festival and conference in various different cities in this country and have been for 32 years. This year's festival will be held in Arlington, VA on November 12-15.

I am anticipating receiving disability for a chronic illness I suffer with, but I haven't gotten the money yet and the festival is right around the corner. I have a roommate, but don't want to leave her hanging at the last minute. So, I decided to set up a gofundme account and hope and pray that I get the money to attend my festival with donations.  I have been going to the NABS festivals since 1995. I missed two festivals since then, both because I couldn't get off work. I don't want to miss this festival in Arlington. So, if you can find it in your heart to help me, I hope that you do. Here is the link to my gofundme account.

https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/darbywest

No comments:

Post a Comment