Friday, October 24, 2014

Karma

For six months I have been waiting, hoping and praying that my attorney has filed the lawsuit against the landlord that locked me out of my place of business, then sold everything I owned; $21,000 worth of equipment for the $2,000 I owned her. She had told me that it was her place of business and she could do whatever she wanted. Her father owned the business before her and he never had any problems with people complaining about that little clause in the lease that says "if you are 30 days late with your rent payment, the owner has the right to lock you out and claim all of your belongings, (i.e. computers, telephones, file cabinets, etc.). My attorney never filed the lawsuit. He never answered any of my calls, (27 calls), emails, (19), or letters (3). Now she has lost the business to foreclosure. I owe $6,178 for my equipment, which I have to pay back and I may never get my money. Some other stylists are enjoying my equipment and I am stuck having to pay this bill.

Now she knows what it feels like to lose something you hold dear. Karma! Everything that has ever been said about it is true!

In the meantime I have to find another attorney and hope I can at least get this part of my bill paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment