Thursday, April 24, 2014

Be Careful What You Watch Before Bed

Last night I was bored and couldn't find anything to watch on TV. I came upon a show about stuff that happens in the ER. A little boy was being seen because he had stuffed some foreign objects into his ear on a dare. The doctors were discussing how to handle getting the objects out when I turned to this channel. I watched a little bit and then I turned because I didn't want to see the actual removal process.

In the wee hours of the morning a sharp pain hit my right ear with such a sting I woke up. Had that pain happened on my arm, leg or something I would have immediately felt comfortable saying it was a bug biting me. Well, it was inside my ear and my first thought was Oh no! I have a bug in my ear. I grabbed my tablet and turned it on. While waiting for it to come on the pain of the bite became an throbbing sensation. I Googled how to get a bug out of your ear.  I click on the YouTube video, but was too uneasy to actually "watch" how to do it. I read the instructions instead. First I had to insert with a dropper some type of oil in my ear that would kill the insect. There were about three illustrations on what type of tool to use to get the oil into the ear. One of them was with a dropper that you use for medicine. So, I get up to check in the bathroom for a bottle of medicine with a dropper. In the kitchen I find a child's bottle of Tylenol. I fill a cup with hot water and rinse out all of the Tylenol. I shake the water out of the dropper, and pour some olive oil into the lid of the bottle and suck up some olive oil. I drop some into my ear and cringe as the oil makes it way down into my ear canal. It is just making a blooping sound as it enters the area. I was then suppose to lay down on my side and allow the oil to do what it do - which is to kill this pesty bug. After a few minutes I turn on the opposite side and allow the oil to drain from my ear. The next step was to fill a bottle or cup that has a spout with warm water and pour it in a steady stream into the effected ear and watch carefully as the bug is washed from the ear because it has to be examined to make sure it all came out. One of the illustrations shows a bottle like dish detergent comes in. So, back to the kitchen I go and empty the detergent out of the bottle, rinse it with hot and cold water until it runs free of suds. I fill it with warm water and head to the bathroom where I lay a down over the sink and begin to squeeze water into my ear. Water is going every where. It is running down my face, down my chin and neck and wetting the front of my pajamas. It is wetting my hair and running down the back of my neck. It has wet up the mirror, the counter and the floor. I am standing on a squishy rug. I am making a big mess, but I am determined to get this nasty bug out of my ear! I look at myself in the mirror and I look like a dern fool! I smile first, and remember the TV show I watched before going to sleep. I start laughing and can't stop! 

Now I have to Google how to get water out of my ear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment